Tuesday 20 May 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry - Large Quilt



If you've been following my blog, you know from my previous post that I just finished "Florence" for Nursing Week 2014. By Florence, I mean the Florence Nightingale quilt, of course, made with the Women of Courage line by Nancy Gere for Windham Fabrics. I didn't think I was that fond of the more muted colours, but I really love this line, especially that little blue accent fabric. The backing is done in that same blue. Anyway, I found out about the Blogger's Quilt Festival from Janeen over at Quilt Art Designs and decided to blog about Florence again in order to enter her in the Festival.


AmysCreativeSide.com
Here's the basic block used in this quilt:
I have to admit I'm loving how she looks as the background for the nursing display I've set up in the lunch room at work. 
I get to see it every time I walk by the lunch room entry. Here is a slightly closer shot:
Completing this quilt for Nursing Week 2014 has inspired me to get creative and maybe do a Clara Barton, Edith Cavell or Jeanne Mance quilt for next year. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment