Sunday 20 July 2014

My Martingale Prize

Hey everybody. I entered a couple of quilts in the Bloggers Quilt Festival held by Amy Ellis at Amy's Creative Side. While my quilts didn't win anything, I did win a "door prize," or rather a "comment" prize - anyone who posted a comment was entered to win. And I won a $50 gift certificate from Martingale. That was pretty exciting, especially since they have free shipping in Canada and the US if your order totals $40 or more. 
Wow, it was hard to decide, but here's what I finally chose:
I've been wanting to try Tunisian Crochet for some time, so what better time than when I could get the book free! I've already started on my first project. I also like to try out vintage quilt ideas, so it was a toss up between this 30s one and a Civil War one, and the 30s won out. Finally, I ordered the Ruby Beholder, used to help determine fabric value. Using something transparent red was mentioned in a couple of places I've read recently and I thought I'd give it a try. Especially since I was getting it basically free. I think Martingale has a new customer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment