Sunday 31 August 2014

Vacation Days 2 & 3

Yesterday, as usual, I attended church, then had dinner and spent the afternoon with my friends Allen and Airlie. My friends Bob and Neva were also there, and unfortunately, they let us know that they have an offer on their place, and have made an offer on a home in British Columbia. So, it looks as if they will be moving away this fall. :-( Not happy about that, but nothing I can do about it. It just makes me long for the day when "separations come no more."
One of the guys I went to Canadian Union College with used to sing this song and it has stuck with me ever since. Very meaningful when you're separated from loved ones by distance or death. 
Today, I went on a shop-till-you-drop trip with Phil. We hit a lot of our usual places: the thrift stores and both antique malls, but aside from gas in the truck and a sandwich for lunch, neither of us bought anything. All we have is achy feet and fatigue to show for our day. It was fun nevertheless. 
After dropping Phil off at home, I made one last stop at Fabricland and that's where I spent some money. I didn't have much time to look around as the store was closing in half and hour, but I managed to pick up enough fabric to back a couple of quilts I've been working on. 
This is for the Law School quilt:
And this one is for the Rosy Star quilt:
Right now I'm watching some episodes from Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman Season 5. Not that I've watched Seasons one through four, but Season 5 was the only one available from the local library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment