Saturday 31 December 2016

2016 Crafting Year in Review

Happy New Year, everyone!
It's time to review what I've accomplished in my crafting world over the last year. While there are still plenty of UFOs and WIPs to deal with, I'm pleased with the fact that I'm getting some of them done. I was able to get Lil's Lighthouse afghan finished.
Yay! What a good feeling it is to no longer have that project languishing in my stash.
The Sweet Dreams quilt was completed and gifted to my great nephew, Patrick.
I fit in some mini quilts, Summer Star above.
Spools.
The Lion in My Heart.
And Kaleidoscoping Butterflies.
Stars Over Africa was made for a quilt challenge, in which I won 2nd place.
I made Damian's Star as a floor afghan for my grandson because he loved sitting or lying on my projects any time I laid them on the floor (just like my cats).
I made this paper-pieced fedora as part of reviewing a book. Now I have no idea what to do with it.
Another "finally!" I finished Unbroken and gifted it to a lady who has endured a lot with her health concerns.
Fractured Pinwheels was also completed for a book review. It was gifted to my newest great nephew, Kenson.
The Evening Snowfall Quilt is now a wallhanging in my sewing room.
I made this "Twister" quilt top using sewing-themed fabric, which will also become a wallhanging in my sewing room. It's still a WIP.
Two crocheted hats made as part of a book review and for fair entries.
Another fair entry: a paper-pieced Christmas Star.
The first socks I have ever made (loom-knitted) come in handy for keeping my ankles warm.
Made a loom-knitted shawl for my niece Julie's birthday. Both the socks and the shawl were done for book reviews.
The Virus shawl and the Loom-Knitted shawl were both completed while I was in Ontario.
I did this scrappy skyline of New York City. It will become part of a commemorative quilt for the 15th anniversary of 9/11. Still a WIP.
My oriental quilt was put on hold because of other projects I needed to finish.
Queen Guinevere's Tiles, which I do not like, but fortunately my manager did. I gave it to her because she lost her husband this year. It's actually a quillow
plus I made a decorative pillow out of the orphan block I had left over.
I finally got the Bluenose II quilt top done, but I have yet to get a chance to get it quilted.
Here is the completed quilt top on my bed.
Also managed to fit in making some dishcloths: sunshine,
maple leaf,
and a loom-knitted dishcloth.
I started working on my great nephew Jordon's quilt,
but then got sidetracked making a kaleidoscope hexie. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with this one yet.
Finished the purple Log Cabin Christmas Tree Skirt in time to use it under the tree this Christmas.
Then made this biscuit Christmas tree skirt for one of my smaller white trees.
It also needed some decorations.
And more.
I still have more fabric to make more decorations, but that can wait as I've already taken the Christmas trees down.
I needed a Christmas gift for a friend of my daughter's, so was able to finish this Bavarian crochet scarf and then made the matching hat.
And finally, I replaced the cracked plastic Thomas on the front of my grandson's hoodie with a fabric applique Thomas.
I didn't include some of my WIPs, like my sister Janet's afghan or Damian's train cardigan. Look for that one fairly soon into the new year. It's getting pretty close to finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment